Skip to main content

My visit to the amazing Sikkim (Part 1)

Travel and change of place impart new vigour to the mind.

- Seneca

Hey people!!

So I am finally here with my Sikkim Trip blog post which is going to be a bit long. So here I present Part 1 i.e. Gangtok Trip.
So earlier this month I visited Gangtok finally, the ultimate plan that always got cancelled at some point or the other. Phew!! But this time I visited and loved it.


So starting with the details, I took a flight from Delhi Airport to Bagdogra, which is apparently the nearest working airport from Sikkim, where my family was already waiting for me. 
Then we hired a car and it took us about four and a half hours to reach Gangtok. We were there by 10 p.m. and so we directly booked a hotel and jumped right into the bed after dinner. P.S.- That journey was tiring because of the steep roads. But still worth it.


The very next morning we got ready and I chose to wear a black & white striped top with blue denim jeans and shoes as the temperature outside was quite normal. But I kept on changing my looks from simple to a grey cap to the pink scarf. And then we booked a car for sightseeing and the driver took us to some amazing places.

Banjhakri Falls
We stopped here, had our breakfast & headed directly towards Falls. Out of all the places I visited in Gangtok this was my favourite. The water there was very cold and I wasn't feeling like leaving the place at all. It's a must visit if you come to Gangtok.





Namgyal Institute of Tibetology
The place can be purely described as a quiet one. The main building was kind of a museum that had a whole history of Buddhism and its culture on display. I must say everything was so well preserved. History lovers must visit here.



Flower Exhibition
It was nothing big as such but what I personally loved most about it was that it was mostly full of orchids which I hadn't seen before (By the way, it's my favorite flower).




Ganesh Tok & Plant Conservatory
Ganesh Tok is basically the Ganesh Temple and as expected it was beautiful. And nearby there was Plant Conservatory which mainly had all different kinds of plants and trees. Since there wasn't much time left we left the place early.




Food
It was time for lunch so we stopped at an open restaurant whose name I apparently don't remember. We had Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian. But even after that, I couldn't miss the opportunity of having Chicken Momos (Dimsum) when in North East India.


Tashi View Point
As the name suggests it is a place on top from where one can see the Gangtok &  the peak of Kanchenjunga. Apparently, I couldn't see the later because of heavy fog. It was serene and beautiful. I actually loved it.



Gonjang Monastery
The place was quite as it was a monastery. We even went inside and the rituals were happening and loved it. Outside there was bug area from where one can again see half of Gangtok.





Bakthang Falls and M. G. Road
On our way back we encountered this little fall known as Bakthang Falls and then headed straight to M. G. Road. We spent rest of the day strolling down the streets and ended up having dinner at Khan Uncle's Biryani. I recommend this place to every none veg lovers.




So this was my Day 1 where we explored the Gangtok city and I swear It's one of the cleaned city I have ever visited in my life. People are so nice there.
Well for more of my tour in Sikkim there's going to be a Part of this blog post. Till then enjoy the pictures and if anyone has a query regarding this trip, kindly comment.

Bye bye!!
Love you guys & Thank you all for 4k on Instagram. You guys are amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Classic Western look for both Day and Night time

Be the centre of endless possibilities!! Hey guys!! How have you been? Hope you guys have celebrated this Diwali with full joy. For me this Diwali was awesome because I was at Home. Yayyy!! Isn't that exciting?? Being at home, getting lazy and sleepy and being pampered. Ahh!! This time I visited home after 7 months... its not that long.. but for me its like an year. And so I was pampered this time like a baby. Isn't that awesome?? Hawww!! I started missing home again.  Okay!! Now besides all this Homesick melodrama, I have come up with a new look and I am not able to get over it. So I was planning to create a simple classic look for daytime but then I ended up with this one which can be carried even at night.  Basically, I was planning for a colourblock solid on solid look (which I guess will be my next post all about) and so I got myself this beautiful solid coloured palazzo in royal blue from Srishti by FBB . It has amazing soft cotton fabric and i...

Razaa Wear : Ideal Handloom Destination!

Khadi stands for simplicity, not shoddiness. It sits well on the shoulders of the poor, and it can be made, as it was made in the days of the yore, to adorn the bodies of the richest and the most artistic men and women. It is reviving ancient art and crafts. - Young India, 17-3-1927  Hey guys!! I know I have been MIA but the thing is I am just too busy and unable to manage all of it on my own. Sorry about that!! I am trying and I hope to get better at this. Leaving all this aside, today I am here with another look and this is again something that I love. I have always been a handloom enthusiast and I guess the big reason for it is because of my hometown. I am from Bhagalpur (also known as Silk City ), Bihar and if you google it right away you’ll find all about Bhagalpur being a hub of Handloom and Silk industry for hundreds of years. So I guess my love for handloom works will never die. So today I am here to introduce you guys to Razaa Wear , a brand ...

How to Style up Formals?

Hey guys!!  How are you? Hope you all are doing good because I kinda got sick for about a week and it was terrible. I was in no state to work but I am fine now, hoping that I don't get another dose of meds this winter. Apart from that I managed to create this simple and chic formal look for the winters. So instead of just plain white top and black pant and coat I tried something different. All I did was just tucked in some winter innerwear and instead of putting on some plain solid top I used my favourite black and white striped top by LEO SANSINI that I got from JABONG , and paired it up with a plain black jeans that I am sure everyone has in their closet. And for a formal look I picked this three quarter sleeved black coat from CANDIES by PANTALOONS . This gave me a perfect monochromatic formal look. But since its winter everything looks dull so I tried to add my pink sling bag from CODE by LIFESTYLE and a make up with bright pink lipstick and I was ...