Skip to main content

Medini Handicrafts : Epitome of Terracotta Jewellery!

"To have much learning, to be skilful in handicraft, well-trained in discipline, and to be of good speech -- this is the greatest blessing." 
~ Gautama Buddha

Hey guys!!

How are my readers doing? Hope you are having an amazing time. Personally, I am busy with work and this horrible summer in Delhi is killing me. I have no idea what's going to happen in the month of June and July?
Well, apart from all these I am back here to introduce you guys to another level of handcraft. You guys know how much I love handcrafted products and I guess most of you know that I am an artist too. So, I understand the level of creativity and hard work that goes into creating something & maybe that's the reason why I have a special place for these sort of products in my heart.

So how well you guys know about Terra-cotta??
Well, let me explain it to those who are hearing the name for the first time.


Terra-cotta (Baked Earth) is a kind of glazed or unglazed fire clay, reddish brown in colour, mainly used in the making of statues, tiles and pottery and all sorts of architectural work such as roofing and facing. This craft work dates back to the Indus Valley civilisation. It is also widely used in the making of jewellery. It might sound like a very simple form of art but there is a lot of hard work that goes into it. From making the clay to giving it the desired shape, and then baking under the sun and later on when it is hard, then glazing and painting it to the desired wish, is a very long process.
The art of making terracotta jewellery is slowly fading away with all sorts of artificial jewellery in the market but still, there are small startups that are working on it all day long to keep this art alive.
One of them is Medini Handicrafts based in Mumbai, India.

Medini Handicrafts create amazing handicraft products from Jewellery to Home Decor and Sarees. But what I personally fell in love with was their collection of Terra-cotta Jewelleries. The collection they have is so beautiful that everyone will fall in love with it. They sent me some of these beautiful pieces and I styled them in my own way and was so happy with the results.



First one is this beautiful Golden and Black coloured neckpiece and earring. Since it is such a classy colour combination it can go with any kind of outfit from Sarees to Kurta patiyala or even long skirts paired up with a tunic or a kurta. I styled it in my favourite wear that is Saree. I loved how the jewellery pieces stood out with this bottle green coloured saree of mine. This look is perfect if you are going to any formal event or even a wedding party.


Another piece that I loved was this beautiful blue and golden coloured peacock neckpiece. Just have a look at it guys, the design on it is so intricate and beautiful. I chose a solid black coloured Kurta and Palazzo along with a black net dupatta to bring out the intricacy of this beautiful neckpiece. This was my favourite look of all and it can be carried in both morning and evening events.




I also styled the same outfit with this beautiful piece of red earrings to get a subtle look. If you wish to get that traditional vibe but you don't want to overdo, then this look is perfect. I loved how this red earring went perfectly with my black outfit. What do you guys think? Did you like it?


Also, one more thing that people might wonder is regarding allergies. Well, there is none. Since it is a complete natural clay product the chances of allergies are very minimal. Personally, I have sensitive skin and my skin is very prone to allergies but I didn't face any issue. So from my side, I can say that they are very safe to wear.
Another thing I would like to mention is that if you get your hands on this jewellery then use and keep it with proper care. Terra cotta needs proper care and handling.

So don't wait and get your hands on these lovely handcrafted products from their website and if you style them then do share the pictures with me. I would love to see your creativity.
Here I am leaving the link to their social media handles too if in case you would like to visit.

Instagram - medi_ni
Twitter - MediniFor
Whats App - +919619831468

Take a look at all the pictures and share your views with me in the comments.
Love you guys!

- Tanya Anand









Outfit Details

Bottle Green Saree - Borrowed from a friend's mom!
Black blouse - Made by a local tailor
Black Kurta - Srishti by FBB
Black Palazzo - Srishti by FBB
Black Dupatta - Indya Clothing
Brown Heels - A local shop in my hometown
Pieces of jewellery - Medini Handicrafts

Photography

Amit Nagrani
Instagram - ami_the_photographer

My Social Media Links

Instagram - beingclassywithtanya
Facebook Page - beingclassywithtanya
Twitter - TanyaAnand95
Pinterest - tanyaanand95

Comments

  1. Can truly relate and retain this outstanding post. Very well written. Get the best Diamond Jewelry Online shopping experience from DiamondEmporio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, I’m really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossip and net stuff and this is actually annoying. A good web site with exciting content, that is what I need. Thanks for making this web site, and I will be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?
    sugar pot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best and Fabulous Jewelleries, Coolest Collections you Have.
    bespoke wooden mumbai

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Classic Western look for both Day and Night time

Be the centre of endless possibilities!! Hey guys!! How have you been? Hope you guys have celebrated this Diwali with full joy. For me this Diwali was awesome because I was at Home. Yayyy!! Isn't that exciting?? Being at home, getting lazy and sleepy and being pampered. Ahh!! This time I visited home after 7 months... its not that long.. but for me its like an year. And so I was pampered this time like a baby. Isn't that awesome?? Hawww!! I started missing home again.  Okay!! Now besides all this Homesick melodrama, I have come up with a new look and I am not able to get over it. So I was planning to create a simple classic look for daytime but then I ended up with this one which can be carried even at night.  Basically, I was planning for a colourblock solid on solid look (which I guess will be my next post all about) and so I got myself this beautiful solid coloured palazzo in royal blue from Srishti by FBB . It has amazing soft cotton fabric and i...

Razaa Wear : Ideal Handloom Destination!

Khadi stands for simplicity, not shoddiness. It sits well on the shoulders of the poor, and it can be made, as it was made in the days of the yore, to adorn the bodies of the richest and the most artistic men and women. It is reviving ancient art and crafts. - Young India, 17-3-1927  Hey guys!! I know I have been MIA but the thing is I am just too busy and unable to manage all of it on my own. Sorry about that!! I am trying and I hope to get better at this. Leaving all this aside, today I am here with another look and this is again something that I love. I have always been a handloom enthusiast and I guess the big reason for it is because of my hometown. I am from Bhagalpur (also known as Silk City ), Bihar and if you google it right away you’ll find all about Bhagalpur being a hub of Handloom and Silk industry for hundreds of years. So I guess my love for handloom works will never die. So today I am here to introduce you guys to Razaa Wear , a brand ...

How to Style up Formals?

Hey guys!!  How are you? Hope you all are doing good because I kinda got sick for about a week and it was terrible. I was in no state to work but I am fine now, hoping that I don't get another dose of meds this winter. Apart from that I managed to create this simple and chic formal look for the winters. So instead of just plain white top and black pant and coat I tried something different. All I did was just tucked in some winter innerwear and instead of putting on some plain solid top I used my favourite black and white striped top by LEO SANSINI that I got from JABONG , and paired it up with a plain black jeans that I am sure everyone has in their closet. And for a formal look I picked this three quarter sleeved black coat from CANDIES by PANTALOONS . This gave me a perfect monochromatic formal look. But since its winter everything looks dull so I tried to add my pink sling bag from CODE by LIFESTYLE and a make up with bright pink lipstick and I was ...