Skip to main content

My Visit to the Amazing Sikkim (Part 2)


One's destination is never a place, 
but always a new way of seeing things. 

-Henry Miller

Hey people!

Hope you all are having a good day. Well without any delay I want to get into the Part 2 of my Sikkim Trip. I know I am late but sorry for that.


Basically for Day 3 we got ready for our visit to Tsomgo Lake for which we had to take permits the night before. We even planned out for Nathula Pass but the roads were closed due to heavy snowfall the day before. So, we kind of just stick to the plan of visiting Tsomgo Lake or Changu Lake (Locals actually call it Changu Lake despite its name being Tsomgo. I don’t know why?). This lake is located at 12,310 ft. from sea level so you can assume how cold it would be there.




It was going to be all snowy so we took some really warm clothes with us. At 9 in the morning we headed for the lake which was about 2 hours of drive from Gangtok. As we were going up we all kind of started feeling too cold and were breathing heavily, which was obvious. We even stopped at near about 8000 ft. just because I was feeling dizzy. We took lots of picture there but soon we left the place because we had to reach the place on time.




Soon we reached the lake which was crowded due to tourist. Still we managed to walk around. But before all that, we rented boots as it was really hard for us to walk on snow in simple shoes. There was lot of snow around the lake and it was too much fun. We clicked pictures, ate popcorn (which was kind of helping us in breathing). But seriously it was too much fun there specially throwing snow balls on people, which mainly included Mom, Dad and my Brother.




We were having so much fun but we had to leave the place as it started raining. Although it was so pleasant to see the rain on those snowy ground but no one knew for sure how the weather was going to be in the next hour. Some said it was going to snow heavily as per the last night’s snowfall. So even our driver advised us to leave the place otherwise we could have got stuck in there for like three to four hours until roads were cleared.




That whole place was so freaking beautiful that I didn’t wanted to leave the place at all but I had to. On our way back to Gangtok we stopped at a small shop where we had a bowl of Maggi and Momos along with Tea. Overall it was a satisfying trip. When we reached Gangtok, it was drizzling there. So instead of just resting in our hotel rooms we strolled down the M. G. Road market, had some snacks, did shopping and at last back to hotel.




The next very day we decided to leave Gangtok as weather wasn’t agreeing with us. We left for New Jalpaiguri and on our way we encountered Teesta River and it was so beautiful. We stopped there for a while, had some tea, clicked some pictures but had to leave again as we had to board the train which was scheduled to depart at 2:50 p.m. Even though we left early we got stuck in traffic and it was kind of impossible for us reach the station on time but I swear to God that driver was freaking amazing. He drove as fast as he could and we finally made it to the station at 2:38 p.m. But God had something else in mind and so we came to know then and there, that train is scheduled to leave at 2:40. Now that was a challenge. It was 2:39 already and we had like 6 luggage with us and now was the time when we were like running on the station, crossing over-bridge with those heavy luggage but anyhow we made it to the train and jumped into whatever coach we could find. Now that was really adventurous for me. We reached home safe and sound.




So that was my Sikkim trip. I know I missed on some really good places to visit but better luck next time. Hope weather does agree with us then. Well, take a look at all the pictures and if you have any query related to the trip just comment below and I’ll get back to you. Hope you enjoyed this blog and I’ll see you guys super soon. Till then Rock!!

Love you guys!
-Tanya




My Social Media Links



Comments

  1. Wow, you looked stunning. Loved the dupatta and perfectly goes with the attire. I loved the silver jwelry too . Amazing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Classic Western look for both Day and Night time

Be the centre of endless possibilities!! Hey guys!! How have you been? Hope you guys have celebrated this Diwali with full joy. For me this Diwali was awesome because I was at Home. Yayyy!! Isn't that exciting?? Being at home, getting lazy and sleepy and being pampered. Ahh!! This time I visited home after 7 months... its not that long.. but for me its like an year. And so I was pampered this time like a baby. Isn't that awesome?? Hawww!! I started missing home again.  Okay!! Now besides all this Homesick melodrama, I have come up with a new look and I am not able to get over it. So I was planning to create a simple classic look for daytime but then I ended up with this one which can be carried even at night.  Basically, I was planning for a colourblock solid on solid look (which I guess will be my next post all about) and so I got myself this beautiful solid coloured palazzo in royal blue from Srishti by FBB . It has amazing soft cotton fabric and i...

Razaa Wear : Ideal Handloom Destination!

Khadi stands for simplicity, not shoddiness. It sits well on the shoulders of the poor, and it can be made, as it was made in the days of the yore, to adorn the bodies of the richest and the most artistic men and women. It is reviving ancient art and crafts. - Young India, 17-3-1927  Hey guys!! I know I have been MIA but the thing is I am just too busy and unable to manage all of it on my own. Sorry about that!! I am trying and I hope to get better at this. Leaving all this aside, today I am here with another look and this is again something that I love. I have always been a handloom enthusiast and I guess the big reason for it is because of my hometown. I am from Bhagalpur (also known as Silk City ), Bihar and if you google it right away you’ll find all about Bhagalpur being a hub of Handloom and Silk industry for hundreds of years. So I guess my love for handloom works will never die. So today I am here to introduce you guys to Razaa Wear , a brand ...

How to Style up Formals?

Hey guys!!  How are you? Hope you all are doing good because I kinda got sick for about a week and it was terrible. I was in no state to work but I am fine now, hoping that I don't get another dose of meds this winter. Apart from that I managed to create this simple and chic formal look for the winters. So instead of just plain white top and black pant and coat I tried something different. All I did was just tucked in some winter innerwear and instead of putting on some plain solid top I used my favourite black and white striped top by LEO SANSINI that I got from JABONG , and paired it up with a plain black jeans that I am sure everyone has in their closet. And for a formal look I picked this three quarter sleeved black coat from CANDIES by PANTALOONS . This gave me a perfect monochromatic formal look. But since its winter everything looks dull so I tried to add my pink sling bag from CODE by LIFESTYLE and a make up with bright pink lipstick and I was ...