Skip to main content

Handloom Saree Love ft. Phulari



Fashion should be something that in the morning,
when you open your window,
you say, ‘Oh fantastic, sun!’ Then you take your shower, you say,
‘OK fantastic, which colour I wear today because I feel happy?’ 
This should be fashion.


-Roberto Cavalli

Hey Guys!!

Hope you all are doing fine. So today, I am here for you guys with something I love the most and that’s saree. Yes, you read it right. Recently I received this beautiful saree from Phulari, to which I came across recently.


Phulari is a platform to showcase skilled craftsman ship of small artisans that is about to get extinct in India.  It promotes their culture and traditions and is trying to preserve the beautiful art heritage of India. On the website of Phulari you will find too many varieties from clothing to jewelleries. They have a vast collection of handmade and hand crafted items to choose from. They have Banarsi Handloom, hand Block Prints, Kantha Embroidery work, Phulkari work, Vietnamese silk work, Suzani Embroidery work & Kashida and Fine wool along with Handcrafted jewellery.


I got my hands on this Bagru Print Cotton Saree from the Hand Block Print range.
Bagru printing is one of the traditional techniques of printing with natural colours followed by chippas of remote places in Rajasthan. Bagru print is century’s old traditional art of hand block printing that is still alive.



My saree is orange and blue in colour which complement each other perfectly. If you guys have any idea about colour blocking technique then you’ll clearly understand what I am trying to say here. In colour wheel blue and orange shades are exactly on the opposite shades of the wheel and according to one of the three rules of colour blocking, opposite shades complement each other very well. And so, undoubtedly I chose this particular piece.


Along with this I received a blue oxidized silver neck piece and a pair of orange silk tassel earring. You guys know how much I love jewelries, so these two were a sure shot item to get my hands on.  
I basically opted for a simple sleeveless blouse in solid orange, the cloth piece for which came along with the saree, because I didn’t wanted to steal the charm of the saree prints and jewelries.
For one look I simply paired my saree with blue oxidized neck piece from Phulari and a simple oxidized earring from my own collection. This gave me more of a mature, experienced and sober look and was perfect for any social gathering or function.



For the very second look I didn’t changed much. It was all about the jewelries. I just took off those silver oxidized jewelries and put on those lovely orange silk tassel earrings. Since tassel earring give you more of a funky look so when I paired it up with saree my look just change from proper ethnicity to that of a fusion. This look was perfect to carry around for casual parties or may be even college farewell.



Overall, I was satisfied with their beautiful vast collection and website. The material was truly fine. The best part about them is that all the materials include handcraft and handloom that gives out the true essence of culture. So if you guys are into buying some real ethnic collection just check their website out. I am sure you won’t be disappointed at all with their high quality products with intricate designs.


So see you guys and soon I’ll be back with another bang-on blog post. Take a look at all the pictures and website too and let me know your views regarding this look I created and for any further query just comment below and I’ll get in touch with you.

Love You all!!
-Tanya Anand






Photography-

Aayush Gwal
Instagram: @beginner_fotographer
&
Brijesh Saini
Intagram: @brijeshsainiphotography

My Social Media Links-

Comments

  1. Hi Tanya,
    Good to see you again with another amazing post :)

    We love your "Handloom Saree Love ft. Phulari" post & you look really beautiful in Bagru Print Cotton Saree by Phulari, Those have such great collection of various
    Sarees.

    One of the best part of your post... You deeply mention about Phulari's saree. Designs, Products quality. Which is really amazing.

    Thanks again for sharing this post, you look really beautiful & appreciate your cool pics. Also appreciate Photography by beginner_fotographer & brijeshsainiphotography

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. Your feedback and appreciation means a lot to me. Hope I continue to stand up to everyone's expectation. Keep supporting me :)

      Delete
  2. Samyakk Clothing. An ethnic wear store for men and women! http://www.samyakk.com/

    ‎Kanchipuram Silk Pure Zari
    ‎Kanchipuram Silk Half Fine Zari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saree is the most famous Indian attire worn by women not only in India but all over the world. Thanks for giving such article. Bridal Silk Sarees
    Traditional Kanjivaram Sarees

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Classic Western look for both Day and Night time

Be the centre of endless possibilities!! Hey guys!! How have you been? Hope you guys have celebrated this Diwali with full joy. For me this Diwali was awesome because I was at Home. Yayyy!! Isn't that exciting?? Being at home, getting lazy and sleepy and being pampered. Ahh!! This time I visited home after 7 months... its not that long.. but for me its like an year. And so I was pampered this time like a baby. Isn't that awesome?? Hawww!! I started missing home again.  Okay!! Now besides all this Homesick melodrama, I have come up with a new look and I am not able to get over it. So I was planning to create a simple classic look for daytime but then I ended up with this one which can be carried even at night.  Basically, I was planning for a colourblock solid on solid look (which I guess will be my next post all about) and so I got myself this beautiful solid coloured palazzo in royal blue from Srishti by FBB . It has amazing soft cotton fabric and i...

Razaa Wear : Ideal Handloom Destination!

Khadi stands for simplicity, not shoddiness. It sits well on the shoulders of the poor, and it can be made, as it was made in the days of the yore, to adorn the bodies of the richest and the most artistic men and women. It is reviving ancient art and crafts. - Young India, 17-3-1927  Hey guys!! I know I have been MIA but the thing is I am just too busy and unable to manage all of it on my own. Sorry about that!! I am trying and I hope to get better at this. Leaving all this aside, today I am here with another look and this is again something that I love. I have always been a handloom enthusiast and I guess the big reason for it is because of my hometown. I am from Bhagalpur (also known as Silk City ), Bihar and if you google it right away you’ll find all about Bhagalpur being a hub of Handloom and Silk industry for hundreds of years. So I guess my love for handloom works will never die. So today I am here to introduce you guys to Razaa Wear , a brand ...

How to Style up Formals?

Hey guys!!  How are you? Hope you all are doing good because I kinda got sick for about a week and it was terrible. I was in no state to work but I am fine now, hoping that I don't get another dose of meds this winter. Apart from that I managed to create this simple and chic formal look for the winters. So instead of just plain white top and black pant and coat I tried something different. All I did was just tucked in some winter innerwear and instead of putting on some plain solid top I used my favourite black and white striped top by LEO SANSINI that I got from JABONG , and paired it up with a plain black jeans that I am sure everyone has in their closet. And for a formal look I picked this three quarter sleeved black coat from CANDIES by PANTALOONS . This gave me a perfect monochromatic formal look. But since its winter everything looks dull so I tried to add my pink sling bag from CODE by LIFESTYLE and a make up with bright pink lipstick and I was ...